Saturday 14 September 2024

World Kid Lit Month 2024: Feelings

Some of these titles have a looser connection to feelings than others. But, I wanted to showcase them all. 


Choices by Roozeboos. 

Not an obvious choice for feelings, but trepidation, and uncertainty are also feelings. I love the diversity of the people around the main character. There are many expressions of queer identity quietly shown - just people going about their lives, as it should be. 


The Grand Hotel of Feelings by Lidia Branković. 

I don't know how many languages this has been translated into, but it's still not enough. All of them. Every single one. Note that the last page, depicting other hotels, falls into cultural stereotype territory. 



My heart by Corinna Luyken. 

My heart aches reading this one. It is a beautiful story about protecting your heart, but also letting it experience things. 


What do you do with a problem? = Ka pāngia ana ki te raru, me aha? By Kobi Yamada, Kanapu Rangitauira, & Mae Besom.


To say I'm proud of the organisation I work for / with is an understatement, when it comes to these books. These are te reo Māori translations, produced as a Vox book product. Vox books have readers attached. 
World-first - and world-class - material, here

No comments:

Post a Comment